The waiting is the hardest part

Two out of three classes are graded.
The final class--thesis prospectus--is due in today (I said by the end of the day, but I don't think I said 5pm). Anyway, these are honors students and generally they are so on top of things that I really thought I'd open the email today and half of them would be there (two came in yesterday).

This morning: crickets.

I had planned to spend today grading til 3 and then go meet my friend Lauren for coffee. But I'm caught up on grading and just waiting.

So I put in a load of laundry, got in the shower, and when I got out of the shower the washing machine is making a weird beeping noise with the 'do' code. Does that mean door? It should mean door. I thought maybe we had a power surge or something so opened and shut the door and started it up again.

Crickets. Well not crickets, very annoying beeps and the 'do' code.

I jumped online and looked around a bit and finally scheduled the Sears people to come fix it. Luckily they had an opening this afternoon, which may impact my coffee with Lauren and would certainly take me away from grading if I have any to do, which I don't.

The plan now is to start grading tomorrow at 6:45 am and hopefully finish up before our end of term lunch and final faculty meeting tomorrow. That gives me roughly half an hour per prospectus which should be enough time. And I can finish up during the faculty meeting too.

I just want...I need...to be done.

Comments

Popular Posts