Ten on Tuesday: The Timeperiod Edition

This is not one I will be good at...I just am not a fan of the past. That said, what are ten time periods I'd like to visit?

1. London in the 60s

Seriously, that's about it. I think of all the challenges that people faced before 1950: health challenges and societal challenges and educational challenges...maybe I would want to visit for ten minutes or something but not for any extended period of time. Unless I was incredibly privileged and lived in a bubble.

2. England in the 20s
3. England in the 1890s

So yeah, I'd do the Lady Mary Crawley thing and live a Downton existence in 'the country' and occasionally go up to London.

Saying "I"m not a fan of the past" makes me sound so-- what is the word--unimaginative? But I think it is in some ways a coping mechanism that helps me get through things. The past is yesterday and it is over and done and let's move on.

Comments

Dee said…
I totally agree with you.

I'm not a momento keeper. I don't think much about the past. I'm much more interested in what tomorrow holds. I already know about yesterday. LOL
elns said…
I get it.

The past got us here, but yeah. Sometimes we need to focus on where we are going and where we are. Bring the good lessons, but let go.

Ha! Easier said, than done.
rosy said…
I visited London often in the late 60s and worked there too from 1972 until 1975. It was a great place to be in those days ~ really lively and great fun, lots to do and wonderful places to visit and much to enjoy.
But it's just as good today I think ~ and those power cuts weren't a lot of fun!
You should come! You won't be disappointed!!

Popular Posts