Saturday

Another busy week--not sure what exactly is making these weeks so much busier than normal.

I think it is my teaching schedule--I teach Monday and Wednesday at 8:30 and Tuesdays from 2-5. So Monday after class I grade the homework and then get ready for Tuesday's class, I meet with students most of the morning on Tuesdays, then have class, then do the Wednesday class, grade that class, and then prep for the next week. I do have research time Thursday and Friday (minus prepping) but add in service stuff and helping the dozen students I'm working with finish up their theses and dissertations, and the week flies by.

But there is some knitting. I dug out 'Jeanie' yesterday because I felt like doing something with drop stitches.

The yarn is some Dream in Color something that is very nicely variegated.
There has been other knitting too but nothing overly exciting.

We had the second to last symphony concert of the season on Thursday. The program was "Pastoral" by Beethoven (lovely) and two modern compositions featuring percussion by a young composer named Avner Dorman. They were both interesting and quite engaging..one piece, "Spices, Perfumes, Toxins!" featured two percussionists who played drums, xylophones, marimbas, and some flags hanging from posts. Really. It was pretty cool.



Comments