Great weekend

Even though it is only noon on Sunday, I'll just go ahead and declare this a great weekend.

Saturday started with a long walk with the dogs and ended with a river trip even though it was close to 100 degrees (our river trip was kind of short, and the sun was behind clouds for much of it so that make it tolerable). We haven't been out on the Willamette yet this season so that was great to get in the water (very shallow) and run a few (tiny) rapids in our little blow up kayak.

Last night we watched "Charade" (such a fun movie) and I finished this:

It needs a good blocking and some weaving in but I really like it a lot.

Today we slept in (because my good friend Jett Lagge seems in no hurry to leave) and took a 3.5 mile walk with the dogs (it is cloudy)...came home and had bagels and coffee on the patio, and as soon as we finished it started to sprinkle a bit. Yay for that too!

I finished a book called "Where they found her" which is good---an infant is found, dead, in the woods near a college--who is the mother, who is the father, and what exactly happened? The person investigating is a reporter who had a miscarriage and so is carrying that trauma with her too. It is a good mystery and there's an interesting twist at the end. So I recommend it. It is fairly quick to read.

Not sure what else is on the agenda for today but even if I just lay on the couch, it was a great weekend.

Comments

kathy b said…
I may have to read that one! Thanks
I'll put it on my list

elns said…
I'm glad you had such a great weekend with a good read and a finished knit! Exercise and rest... all the good stuff.

web lol said…
kul pajg

Popular Posts