ToT: Visiting Cities
Today's Ten on Tuesday is 'what I love about visiting cities' and Carole talked about visiting Boston. I thought I'd do my ToT about Auckland!
- Auckland is very clean--so clean that there are people with giant vacuum cleaners walking around vacuuming.
- Teeny tiny restaurants with amazing food all over the place--we had great Indian food at a little restaurant that had maybe eight things on the menu and maybe ten or fifteen seats.
- Little surprises everywhere you wandered--turning a corner and seeing a cool light fixture or smelling some incredible food.
- The wharf--kind of the heart of the city.
- Nods to maori culture in carvings and signs and everywhere.
- The multicultural atmosphere--such a nice break from the hipster vibe happening in Eugene.
- Birds everywhere. Beautiful birds.
- Being able to walk everywhere and feeling safe doing so.
- Museums that were very visitor friendly--really well set up.I also love that Auckland residents get free admission to most museums.
- Not having to tip at restaurants and in taxis.