The heat is (literally) on

For whatever reason, I have it in the back of my head that October 15 is the official date that the heat can be turned on. We've had a few chilly mornings and I must admit I have turned the gas stove on a few times but today it was downright chilly (I wore mitts for our morning walk). So cue the Eagles, the heat is on.

I did the first button band on the tree skirt and like it:

The book that this pattern is in (something about Christmas) also has a Christmas stocking pattern that matches--I think I might do two, one for me and one for Tim, and do them in reversed colors (mine would be natural with red, Tim's red with natural trim). I just really like this project so much! I'm also going to dig out my copy of Loop d Loop and see what else Teva Durham has in there that might be attractive to knit. Zooming through Rav, I also saw a fun scarf by Fiona Ellis in her Modern Cable book which I'm pretty sure I have. Plus of course I have stuff on the needles. But I"m really going to miss this project!



Comments

Dee said…
I love that natural color with the deep red.

(AND The Heat is On is one of my favorite Glenn Fry songs!)
elns said…
Haha! "Cue the Eagles". You're a hoot!

Your enjoyment of this project was so pure through your posts about it. I definitely understand you are going to miss it.I hope you do do the stocking pattern and enjoy it just as much.

kathy b said…
What a winner~!

Popular Posts