Seed and Moss Stitch

Are they the same? Are they different? Do we care?

Yes, yes we do because we love how it looks and it doesn't 'row out' and everything looks good.

But what is the difference?

Seed stitch, British Moss stitch, American Moss Stitch

So that very informative post tells us that there are in fact TWO kinds of moss stitch and the one I like is American.

Good to know!

In reading news: "Everybody Rise" was good--about a young woman who gets sucked in to the NYC socialite lifestyle and how her life kind of unravels. I'm finishing "The Underwriting" today which is about young adults who get sucked into the NYC and silicon valley wealthy people lifestyle and how their lives kind of unravel. I sense a theme!

Comments

Patty said…
Thanks for the tutorial! Have a nice weekend.
kathy b said…
GOod to know the differences!
rosy said…
I never knew there was both British and American moss stitch. On the whole I prefer the look of the British one as it is more regular and I like 'neat' but the American is far more interesting. I would like that one as a cowl for example. Thanks for the info!
Bridget said…
I love seed/moss/whatever you want to call it, and I have two friends who think it's the worst. Go figure.
KSD said…
All I know is that I don't like doing seed stitch. It makes for really nice fabric, but it is so tedious to knit.

Popular Posts