ToT: ok fine

Today's Ten on Tuesday is ten first lines from novels (not ones I found--ones I make up). Let's see if I can do this.


  1. Her fourth cup of coffee had gone cold and it wasn't even 6 am yet.
  2. One of her colleagues always, always, shook her hand when he entered her office.
  3. The room was spinning that morning, as it always did.
  4. Where are those cupcakes when you really need them?
  5. The good thing about being tall was that few people noticed your roots.
  6. I wish I was a person who didn't need a watch.
  7. To rake or just let the leaves blow away?
  8. Can that much blood really come out of a head?
  9. It is just a crush, she kept telling herself, just a crush.
  10. She envied, in no particular order: ballerinas, redheads, royalty and English people in general.

Comments

Bridget said…
These are great - but by far, #5 is my favorite!
rosy said…
Yes, great! My fave is no 7 though ~ infinite possibilities on what this might mean! I like no 10 too, however, especially as someone in my family embodies TWO of those characteristics!
Rosy in England
kathy b said…
oh how fun!!! i must go read all the entries to Carole's prompt!
dianne said…
I really like #1! I want to know more about that woman
Kwizgiver said…
I love #10!
Patty said…
These are all great!
KSD said…
I would so read what comes after Line #6.

Popular Posts