ToT the Thankful Version

Yes I'm thankful for family, friends, our animals, food, health, freedom, safety--I'm fortunate to have most of Maslow covered. But when I really think about it, I'm thankful right now for:

1. My flatiron. I don't know how I survived 54 years without this little magical machine.
2. My thermos. It is my constant friend in the morning, my cheerleader, my strength.
3. The Cars. I woke up with "Victim of Love" in my head this morning and thought that if I only could listen to Cars songs for the rest of my life the day I'd be fine.
4. Rain. Rain rain rain. Rain is our blanket in the Pacific NW--it lulls us to sleep, it makes our world beautiful, it puts out fires. We need rain, and I'm so happy it is back.
5. Lint rollers. Because I love my dogs.
6. Our dog sitter Zach. He comes by a few times a week when Tim and I have full days and runs around with the dogs. They are happy and the opposite of stressed. So thankful!
7. Emergency vets. Because things happen, and things get fixed.
8. Cheap reading glasses. I can't wear bifocal contacts (well I can but I won't) and these are all over our house to help me when I need to see something (which is all the time).
9. Leaf scoops, which are the most genius thing invented in recent times.
10. Number ten is tied--you all reading this and chocolate. I appreciate everyone who reads this and I appreciate chocolate, so there you go.

Happy Thanksgiving (although let's be real, you'll get two posts wishing you that tomorrow and the next day!).





Comments

Bridget said…
I have not seen Leaf Scoops - now I'm gonna look for some!

This is a good list. :-)
kathy b said…
Im flattered to be up there with Chocolate. Happy Thanksgiving!
Bonny said…
Your readers and chocolate are tied? You are very generous! I'm thankful for your honesty about the next two posts; I think we're all ready for daily posting to be done. Happy Thanksgiving!
Kwizgiver said…
It's a thrill to be tied with Chocolate!
AsKatKnits said…
Yes, chocolate. A very vital thing indeed!

Your list is fabulous!

Wishing you and your family a very happy Thanksgiving!
rosy said…
Oh . . . to be tied with chocolate ~ I am honoured!
Love the colours you are knitting ~ specially the grey (do you write 'gray'?) so warm and cosy!