Tough Week

This has been definitely a tough week with such horrors at home and abroad. While part of me wants to retreat, the other part is making an extra effort to be kind and generous to people I encounter. Sometimes that means rewriting an email four times to remove all the snarkiness. Sometimes it just means smiling at someone I don't know. I really don't know if this will help but we must find a way to remove the poison from the atmosphere and make the world a safe and happy world for all of us.

I'll be back with regular content tomorrow, but for today I ask you to think about something you can do every day to make the world a better place. Even if it is just smiling at a stranger, that is something.

Comments

Bonny said…
I really like your reaction to the horrific happenings. So far, I've been reduced to shaking my head as the news seems to get progressively worse, but by making a conscious effort, maybe I can do something, however small, which is far better than doing nothing. I'm off to smile at strangers and maybe let someone ahead of me in line at Walmart.
Kim in Oregon said…
We can do this Bonny--we can make a small positive change in the world.
kathy b said…
Great idea. Easy to do and so helpful. Just a smile!
fillyjonk said…
Good thoughts for you and yours.

My reaction tends to be very similar: one part wanting to build a blanket fort and not come out, another part wanting to go out and be friendly to EVERYONE in the hope of undoing some of the unhappiness in the world.
rosy said…
Smiling is good ~ I will do this too. After the horrific events in Paris any positive connection with a friend or stranger. Thank you ~ a good reminder