Getting there

Christmas eve is a week from today! I think the challenge with Christmas on Friday is that I think Christmas EVE is on Friday and then Christmas is on Saturday but that is not so...so this morning I finished up my cards and later today I'll do the shopping list for cookie materials.

Which will be somewhat of a challenge since I'm eliminating milk from my diet so I have printed out several vegan recipes. I do not hold out a lot of hope though after this morning's Almond Milk in the coffee experiment. It tastes awful. I will try coconut milk next.

I don't think 'they' (whomever that is) should be able to call that stuff 'milk' because it is basically flavored water (and we drink skim so there's that).


First: two favorite ornaments:



And a bit of knitting--the mitts are progressing--you can see the two pink markers that show where the thumb will go.
And I watched Elf again and got a bit teary at the end--

Comments

kathy b said…
awww Love the pink yarn. Im not a fan of coconut milk, but I hope it works for you!
kayT said…
I totally agree that none of those things should be called milk. Ick. I'd rather do without altogether. Me, I'm just (just!) not eating wheat as it gives me hives. Not a lot of Christmas cookies for me this year. My waistline may appreciate that. Anyway, good luck with the dairy substitutes. I have people tell me almond milk is delicious, but I do not think they have taste buds!
Anonymous said…
When I experimented with alternative milks, I settled on a blend: http://www.tastethedream.com/products/product/5299/814.php But I ultimately went back to whole milk after my doctor said he didn't think food allergies were at play.
Bridget said…
I like your ornaments!

I have tried almond milk "in" things and it was OK. On its own, not at all. I think it also depends on the other ingredients, since if it is something where dairy is gonna give it flavor, you won't think it's the same.

Keep up posted.
Dee said…
The mitts are such a pretty color!
elns said…
"Christmas eve is a week from today! I think the challenge with Christmas on Friday is that I think Christmas EVE is on Friday and then Christmas is on Saturday but that is not so" GET OUT OF MY HEAD!!

I am thinking this constantly. And since I am constantly thinking this, I am constantly screwing up the rest of the December/week calendar on when things are happening etc. I also seem to be unclear on all the things I need to do. Fingers crossed that my list is short and completed sooner than later :)