200 Things to throw away

This blog post outlines 200 things to throw away to get some good decluttering going. When I look through this list my reaction is "oh I could never get rid of that/those." But I'm going to try.

These are going to be some of my key challenges:

  1. Duplicate power cords (we have these all over. What if we need them some day?)
  2. Jewelry you don’t wear (what do you do with this jewelry? I never know.)
  3. Pens and pencils – Keep your favorites and let go of the rest (WHAT? They are all my favorites).
  4. Extra buttons - If you don’t sew, toss them all.  Reduce your supply if you will use a button in the next few months--BUT BUTTONS!
  5. Tape measures – You know the rule, keep one and toss the rest.--I'M A KNITTER! I HAVE LOTS OF TAPE MEASURES!
  6. Old Day Planners--but how will I remember what I did?
But we'll see how it goes.

Comments

kathy b said…
I have a lot of trouble getting rid of my old day planners too! I like to look back and see just what I was doing a year sgo.....
kayT said…
Do NOT throw away buttons. If you decide to destash, mail them to me!!!