Busy week!

It has been a busy and productive week--not so much on the knitting but on the other stuff. We had a great candidate come to campus and I spent quite a bit of time with her, I hope she'll join us. I also taught a class for a friend who is out of town. But I did manage to finish off the first drafts of the nine chapters for the book I'm working on with my friend Larry Kelley---that is a huge hunk of my to-do list completed! It also leaves the more 'fun and academic' projects that will require some thinking in terms of what is the contribution to knowledge. So it feels like a bit of weight is off me! Hoorah!

And I'm plodding along (appropriately phrased) on the Turtles' Journey:


I had to insert that little blue stripe since I'm worried I'll run out of the discontinued yarn that I'm using for this section. But aren't those turtles so cute? I have a little less than a quarter of the blanket of this section left to finish off.

In other news:
-sad to hear of Alan Rickman's passing. I've always respected his talent and I have also always thought that I would love to sit next to him on a long flight.
-I'm still exercising and my tummy looks a little less poochy.  That could just be because of I've also pretty much given up on dairy except for a little bit of 2% milk in my morning coffee and a little bit of butter on the weekends.  Kind of miss it but kind of don't. I find myself craving less sugar, but that might be a benefit of stopping the diet coke too.
-I haven't read anything good but I have the new book by Elizabeth Gilbert so I'm hoping that is good!

Lots of football coming up! Lots of knitting too! I've promised myself I could cast on for at least one (and maybe two) new projects.

Comments

KSD said…
Okay --- the turtles are awesome. Better than the cable owls everyone was into a little while back.

Popular Posts