Monday's Meme: Guessing!

This morning Kathy gave us a little guessing game!

*Guess how much a skein of sock yarn costs me? I think $24 is the top price I'm willing to pay, and I'm kind of freaked out that there are sock yarns that cost upwards of $30.

*If you had to guess how long it takes me to make a pair of socks ......what would you guess? That is a hard question, as I have lots of projects going at once. I do think I could knit a pair of socks in thick yarn in 16 hours.

*What do you guess is my worst knitting failure? Sweaters that don't fit. 
 
*Is yarn free? Ever? HA! Yes. I'm part of a swap on the Ivory Tower Fiber Freaks and my swap partner will be getting a lovely skein of Miss Babs as part of the Swap!


* Guess Who is the most popular designer on Ravelry? I don't know--Isolde Teague? Tin Can Knits?  

*Guess one of the most popular yarns on the Ravelry yarn page today and then guess a very popular pattern : Cascade 220, and some hat?
Oops just checked--no 220 on today's list. Damn. 


Comments

kathy b said…
oh Sweaters that don't fit...ouch that is the worst . I think I just knit one of those! my sweater is going with me to visit my SIster in Minnesota. Im afraid she wont like it either do to the fit....
So I will offer it, and Im making her socks I KNOW she'll take! That sweater may end up as a donation . I think it is just a YOUNGER look that she or I can muster.
Thanks for playing another MEME with me Kim
fillyjonk said…
I am also freaked out by the $30+ sockyarn.

I SAY I won't buy any more, but then I think, "What if in five years, it is $60? Or not available at all?"

then again, I probably have SABLE....