On Wednesdays I knit!

I haven't really had a proper post for a few days, so this one will be a long catch up.

For starters: I'm almost done with the 'sand' section of The Turtle's Journey . This is the final section and then I'll wash the three sections separately and sew them together. This is because I'm using Brown Sheep Cotton Fleece and one of the sections is seconds and that means it will bleed.

 I think this will be done by the weekend so that's good. There's a few other things on the needles and I will start some socks--I haven't knit socks in a long time.

So the weekend was really busy. It started with the Gala on Saturday that was interesting. We're just not Gala people. Then Sunday we went to brunch, I went to a Mary Kay training party (another interesting thing), home for the first half of the Super Bowl, and then we went to see "Book of Mormon" which was terrific. But it was busy!

Reading: I read "The Guest Room" by Chris Bohjalian. I really like his earlier novels (especially 'The Law of Similars' and 'Midwives' and the one about water rights) but I'm not a big fan of his historical novels or some of the creepier ones. The Guest Room is more like his earlier ones but pretty brutal in places. But if you want a tough and serious one that shines a light on an issue we tend to ignore (sex slavery) then you should read this one. It is a fairly fast read and focuses more on a family falling apart because of a poor decision by the main character.

Exercise: one thing that I wanted to do on the sabbatical is work out every morning, and I've been doing that! So I'm pretty proud of myself there. I have a couple DVDs and also work out to one of the Gaiam TV routines that are on demand. I do between 10 and 25 minutes of aerobics followed by weight exercises: I really enjoy the workouts by a trainer called Amy Dixon--I guess now she is involved with the Oprah network. I do these three exercises every day: http://www.oprah.com/own-show/Amy-Dixon-3-Moves-that-Target-All-Your-Trouble-Spots

Dentist: I went to the dentist yesterday and he told me I had some teeth that would probably get cavities--but he also gave me some prescription toothpaste that he said would put the enamel back. Really? We'll see what happens. I hate the dentist but I love MY dentist--Richie G (I call him Dr. Gabriel). So we'll see how that goes.

I've been finishing up some projects--doing the citations etcetera--and I have started getting some work I finished at the start of the sabbatical BACK with revisions and such, so that's a good thing.

Enjoy today!


Comments

kathy b said…
GOsh Kim, we are not GALA folks either!

You are making great strides in the sweater.

If you become a Marykay Consultant I'd be happy to buy from you. I don't want to become a consultant but they have nice products and I'd like to support you. Did I read that right? You have my email for communications in that regard right?

Socks. Can't get enough of them.
Kim in Oregon said…
Hey Kathy--the training wasn't for me--it was for a friend's daughter. But thank you!
elns said…
You said it, I don't like the dentist, but i like my dentist too. ha!

It sounds like things are going pretty well for you with your knitting and your exercise and reading! I am really unmotivated with the exercise. I'll think of you this weekend when I give myself a push ...
KSD said…
I've been feeling sockish latelly, too.

Popular Posts