Got it together.

Yes, I still have to weave in the ends but this has the collar on it, the arms are attached, and it is blocked! If it wasn't 60 degrees here I'd be wearing this today.

I have a large picture so you can see the curved hem---it dips low in the back.

I ended up doing an icord bind off on the neck. I like how it looks and it adds a bit of stiffness that sometimes necklines need.

I immediately cast on for a summer top just to do something different!

I also submitted my final paper to a journal yesterday (final paper of the sabbatical)--I wasn't expecting to finish it up so quickly but as I read it over yesterday I thought 'this isn't that bad--and it makes some good points so just send it somewhere.' So I did. I'm not one of those people who obsess over every minute detail of papers--just send 'em out and see what hits. Needless to say, I get rejected a lot. I'm used to it--it bothers me a bit but now my attitude is that there's a home for it somewhere.

I'm adding a few news exercises to my workout--planks and tricep pushups. I hate both of them. But I think I've avoided them for too long!


Comments

kathy b said…
Ohhhh a sweater finish! Wonderful. You are a good finisher too!
Dee said…
I love that neckline! It adds just a bit of detail! So pretty!
KSD said…
I LOVE the sweater! LOVE, LOVE.
Rachel said…
The sweater looks great! Love the dropped hem in the back.

I have learned that those things we most avoid, are the things we most need to be doing. And exercise is no exception. Lunges and push-ups are those for me...I'm doing both and reaping some benefits. Glad to hear you are sill at it!