In and out of comfort zone

So I now have two sleeves:

The body is already seamed so all I have to do is attach the sleeves and do the collar--I think there's a bit of stuff in the collar but maybe not. This is SO BORING to knit on but I should just suck it up and finish it. I might even be able to wear it this year. This is the 'in my comfort zone' part of the post, just so you can keep track.

Meanwhile--outside my comfort zone:
-the last piece I'm working on for sabbatical is about ethics of social newsgathering---two areas I"m really not familiar with but I got some funding for it so there. I think it will get done and I have a journal to submit it to so we'll see what happens. My goal is to get it done by the end of next week.
-I'm doing the 30 Day Pilates Challenge--ten minutes a day of Pilates. Today is day 2 and we did upper body and I want to give up. I hate push ups. I hate planks. Luckily it was just ten minutes. Yesterday (day 1) was legs and I did great.
-I don't like stopping books, but I had to stop "Queen of the Night' because it was so uninteresting and set in a time period that I know nothing about (early 19th century france) and I don't really care that much about it either. I also started reading a light chicklit book and am slowly realizing I've read it before.

Hope all is well in your world!

Comments

kathy b said…
Your sleeves are lovely and perfect!
I say drop any book that isn't worth your time and attention!!!
AsKatKnits said…
The departure from Sleeve Island is always so good! Some days the challenges are the best things to look back on after we have accomplished them!
elns said…
I'm with Kathy, any book that you can't get through for fun, find another. We've got work for that "plough through" reading issue. ugh. Anyhow, good luck on the ethics and social news gathering piece. We're cheering you on.
As for the knitting -- the sewing and weaving of these garment things give me sulky teenager mood swings and bad posture and everything! You can do it, Get it done!