Number 2

I've been working on the second sock and it is coming along pretty well:

I do love this pattern, and I love knitting cables.

I'm off to Seattle for two nights tomorrow--and having a bit of travel and conference anxiety. I think a lot of times when I'm around other people who 'do' what I do I find myself comparing myself to them and finding myself wanting (I haven't achieved enough or published enough or whatever enough). I also am having some issues with the organization that sponsors the conference so all in all I'm not in a great place to go. On the other hand--I get to visit with several former students and see my friends from Australia and that is what I have to focus on.

The good thing is that the anxiety didn't start til last night (yay), probably because it is a very short flight (an hour) and I know if something happens I can get home pretty quickly.

Deep breaths!

Comments

kathy b said…
aww I'll say a little IRish prayer for you on your trip> LOVE YOUR SOCK
Rachel said…
I hope your trip went well and that you were able to keep a handle on the anxiety. Been there, know that... I'm a mess at those kinds of things and try to spend as little time as possible!

Popular Posts