Sunday catchup

We are having a relatively quiet weekend here--Tim is working hard on his class stuff and I'm working hard on--what? I did a bit of work yesterday and am reading a good book called "Rain Dogs" by Adrian McKinty--it is a police procedural (I guess part of a series) set in Northern Ireland in the 1980s. It is quite good---usually about 3/4 of the way through I zip to the end to see who did it but this one I'm still interested in and reading every word with about a fifth of the book left.

I gave up on 'Three Martini Lunch" which is a book about the publishing world in the 1950s--just not that interesting.

I've been working on the Geology Shawl:

This is actually upside down but you can see how there are a few distinct section/textures (maybe? The yarn is kind of busy. I still like it though).

Here's a close up:
You can see kind of see two different designs--a lacey on the top and then a more geometric one on the bottom.

We watched "The Danish Girl" last night and it was a beautifully filmed movie--interesting subject and acting (although I think it went on a bit long). The scenery was gorgeous (and the sets were gorgeous as well).

Enjoy Sunday!



Comments

KSD said…
As always, your ability to match yarn with pattern is remarkable. Those colors are beautiful.