Lots of 6s!

Today is 6-6-2016, many sixes today! It is also D-Day and the first day of finals week (graduation is Sunday) (hoorah).

Kathy has a meme:


 
1. Do you prefer:
frozen custard
hardpack ice cream
soft serve ice cream
Shaved ice 
or 
this Shaved dessert that isn't just ice, its sort of milky?
   
I have been trying to eat less dairy but I do love ice cream. The best is Ted Drewe's frozen custard!
2. Of all the colors of the rainbow, which is your favorite? 
Indigo or Purple. Or red.


3. How do you keep your sock needles together? 
Oh Kathy you and your silly silly questions. Perhaps you should revise this to 'do you keep your sock needles together?" so I can answer 'no!". I do have one of those envelope holders for circular needles but it is less than helpful.
 
4. This is Koigu.  
If you could run through a knit shop and pull as much of ONE yarn as you could carry, what would it be?
Anything cashmere. Or a merino-cashmere blend. Probably a sock yarn. Hmm.

5.
Are you over shawls? 
I tend to make narrow shawls that look more like scarves and that works for me. 

6. 

Do your peonies open with or without ants?
I have no peonies and thus cannot answer.



7. As a young girl I loved the book Charlotte's Web. 
I also loved: James and the Giant Peach
Snowbound with Betsy.
Want to share your favorites? 
I loved all the Betsy-Tacy-Tibb books, Little Women, Nancy Drew, The One-of-a-Kind family

8. 
Al is knitting BONNY. 
This lace shell is so pretty!
She can't wait to get past the stockinette.
I love stockinette. 
Is it nothing but boring to you to knit stockinette? 
or do you love it like me?
 
I  like mindless knitting so I can knit and read. Stockinette works great for that.


9.
Are you more likely to get up early in summer or winter?
 Definitely summer--can rarely stay in past 7 am even on weekends.

10.
If you are disappointed with the way a yarn pooling  is working up,
do you:
a. Carry on
b. Mix it with a complimentary color
c. overdye it
d. give it away
 
I've come to expect pooling in socks and so pretty much just carry on!
 
Thanks for another fun meme Kathy! 

Comments

kathy b said…
I love your answers. I love LIttle Women too.
Cashmere is a good answer to the store run through...hadn't considered cost. Of Course I would take the costly stuff first. Koigu was a bad original choice. THanks.

Popular Posts