Good weekend

We had a good weekend with busy-ness and relaxation equally mixed in. Saturday we got up and went for a 3.5 mile walk by the river before breakfast. I got to 10000 steps by 1pm on Saturday, yay me! We went out to lunch and ran some errands and I hung out on the porch. Two more books got finished: "Heres to Us" by Elin Hildebrand and "Invincible Summer" by Alice Adams. Both were fine, neither are ones you should run out to get.

I knit a lot on the big pink thing:

Today we got up, took a brief walk (I will not get to 10K steps today, fyi) and then took the kayaks out to the reservoir. A beautiful, breezy morning where we had a bit of a rolling trip for part of the paddle, and smooth in the middle. We also enjoyed watching flocks of white pelicans play in the skies above us. A lovely paddle.

OH--I stepped out of my comfort zone and went to a knitting group at the alpaca farm. Ann has hosted it for a while but I've never been. It was nice. It is weird to come in to an existing group but people were friendly and I'll go back. So yay me!

I hope you had a lovely one too.

Comments

kathy b said…
Yah you is right! How did you get brave enough to go to an alpaca farm. Hugs to you. WOW. Go back ! its sounds lovely
Rachel said…
Congrats on going to the knitting group -- I understand how that is outside of the comfort zone. When I was home, I talked with a friend (who is very social but doesn't push me and understands my limitations) and went beyond my comfort zone asking if I could be included in some of her small group outings. She was delighted I asked...I think I've become more isolated than is healthy even for an introvert... So yay to both of us! ;)