Positive energy and prayers please

I’m writing to ask you to take a moment and send out prayers and good energy to Brownie, my alpaca.

As many of you know, Brownie delivered a stillborn baby Tuesday evening. She seemed OK yesterday and early this morning, but at about 10:30 am she began showing signs of being in obvious distress. Her temperature was low, she refused food and water, and she had little energy. She was showing signs of severe dehydration. There is most likely a complication from the pregnancy and birth.

She is now at the Large Vet Hospital at OSU, receiving fluids and going through a number of tests. Preliminary bloodwork showed an infection, and it might be a fairly easy to treat one or one that might require major surgery. Of course, we are hoping and praying for the latter. I hope you can send some good thoughts her way as she struggles through a very stressful time. Let’s hope there’s a good light at the end of the tunnel.

She’ll be at OSU for at least four days and longer depending on the prognosis.

Thank you so much for reading this.

Comments

kathy b said…
Oh KIM!! I am going to put flowers in front of my St> Francis statue in the yard right now. Many prayers for Brownie. Oh my heart is aching for you
Kim in Oregon said…
Thank you so much Kathy!
Rachel said…
I'm so sorry to hear this Kim. My instinct is to jump in with thoughts of what it could or could not be but that won't help...and it sounds like she is being given the best possible care at OSU. Instead, I will send positive thoughts and energy south for you and Brownie. Please keep us posted on how she responds to the fluids and treatment.

Popular Posts