Right now

Watching: "The Great British Baking Show" and "The Good Wife". We've just discovered both of these! We're watching the current GBBS on PBS and the earlier seasons are on Netflix. Yay! We're on Season 2 of The Good Wife. Such a great cast! I'd watch Alan Cummings read the phone book.

Reading: I just finished Siracusa--it was OK--and am reading "The Versions of Us" by Laura Barnett which tells the story of a couple's relationship from three points of view, depending on what happened after the first time they met. It's good.

Knitting: It's hot but there's this:
One side of a cardigan front.

Humming: New Radicals, You Get What You Give.

Drinking: Right now, coffee, but it is going to be shandies this weekend.

Needing to: do laundry, return books to library, pick up cat meds, make the bed.

Delighted by: the idea of a new yarn store opening in my little city. I'm not buying yarn, but I like that there's that optimism for a new venture.

Looking forward to: Hawaii in five weeks!

Planning: revisions to my fall term class. I'm using a new book and trying to figure out the best ways to integrate it.

Celebrating: creating closer bonds with two faculty colleagues on our trip up to Portland yesterday. Not celebrating the horrific traffic though.


Comments

kathy b said…
Creating those work buddy bonds is very important Kim. Hawaii wahooo! I bought myself some Decaf to brew later. Lately I want coffee despite the heat. Weird! New yarn shop in your town! Like a dream come true
elns said…
"I'd watch Alan Cummings read a phone book." You're a hoot and you're absolutely right. He's got such charisma. He's such a great entertainer.