Searching for peace

I'm really confused with the world right now. It seems that sense has been left behind and violence becomes the only solution. It scares me, and it makes me scared for my black neighbors and colleagues and students. All I can think of to do is to be extra sure that I send peace to everyone I meet and let them know that we are travelers together. I really don't know what else to do.

In other news---the news of the cozy world I can try to control--I was not sleeping the other night and thinking about knitting, and thinking in particular of what I wrote for Kathy's Quora--that I wish someone would knit me a fisherman's knit sweater. I recalled, then, that I had bought a pattern and yarn for a sweater that (I think) Stephanie had knit a few years ago. I knew exactly where the yarn was (and found it), and found the pattern book fairly quickly too.

It is this one--a pattern from 2007. And yarn from 2007 too. SO I cast on and with a few changes got this far:

So not a bad start! Jessie approves too.


AND in other other news--I think I have tennis elbow---my left elbow has been a bit sore and I read that 'gripping' activities can exacerbate it. So between weights and paddling, I am a Major Gripper. I need to learn how to relax my grip, particularly with paddling, and so I'll take a few days off of the weights and see if I can heal it with aspirin and ice. Today I did mat work for abs (oof) so that's fine. In reality, my abs need much more work than my arms and legs do, and mat stuff if optimum, just not fun.

Tim is off to see family for a few days so I'm flying solo this weekend and for most of next week. I wonder if my alpaca cria will ever be born?

Comments

Bridget said…
I remember her making that sweater - I think I bought the pattern too! If you do complete it you may have to fight for it with your kitty! ;-)

Apologies for the typo in my recipe post. I've fixed it now on my blog, and it's was supposed to read "1 cup MILK" - to think I proofread it twice and didn't catch that!

Enjoy your weekend to do only what you want to do!
Kim in Oregon said…
Thanks for the update! I was wracking my brain to figure out what it was!
kathy b said…
Ohhhhh I am glad you were prompted by my q and a. I LOVE a fisherman sweater. Oh my!!!!
The world needs our love. We have to stay positive
kathy b said…
Im worried about Cria. Why is this taking so long? Doesnt anyone have some sort of due date? Im going to boil some water now
Kim in Oregon said…
So--Brownie's due date was July 5 (this would be 345 days gestation). Her milk came in about ten days before that so that is why Ann (she owns the farm and is an alpaca genius) thought she might give birth much earlier. So now we are 4 days past the due date, Brownie is huge, and the cria is clearly moving and seems ready to get out. So the cria is alive and that's good. Like human babies, crias can be early or late, and some alpacas go for 13 months!! ARGH! Ann has another alpaca who was bred the same time as Brownie and she shows no signs at all. I would imagine once we get to 365 days we might talk to the vet and see what he thinks. Hopefully we'll have some movement in the next few days. For whatever reason I think it will be tomorrow. But then I've thought it would be every day.