Carole asked for ten ways to beat the heat. I'm lucky we've had a lovely summer here in Oregon, but it is supposed to warm up later this week. So here are my ten ways:
1. AC. Tried and true.
2. Alternatively, get in the shower and take your sheet with you, and then jump into bed without toweling off (of course, this only works at bedtime. Or if you don't have a job or anything). I call this "St. Louis Air Conditioning" because it is how I survived when I lived in St. Louis after graduation.
3. Big big big glass of cold cold cold water.
4. Drive an hour west to the ocean, where it is always 20 degrees cooler (if you live where I live. Alternatively: "it's cooler by the lake."
5. Drive around with all the windows down and the sunroof open.
6. The movies.
7. Big bowl of ice cream.
8. Sitting in the shade with an ice pack behind your knees.
9. A fan.
10. Walk the dogs really really early--it is 7am and *almost* a bit too late. So got to go. Happy summer!
Today is both Ann and Mike's birthday (Ann owns the farm, Mike is her husband) and they received a very special birthday gift fr...
-there was something different happening. We were waiting for the snow but it never came (the video below is literally most of the snow we s...
We found a new beach (well new to us) on Saturday in a little town called Neskowin. We have driven by the little town dozens of times (I wou...