Carole asked for ten ways to beat the heat. I'm lucky we've had a lovely summer here in Oregon, but it is supposed to warm up later this week. So here are my ten ways:
1. AC. Tried and true.
2. Alternatively, get in the shower and take your sheet with you, and then jump into bed without toweling off (of course, this only works at bedtime. Or if you don't have a job or anything). I call this "St. Louis Air Conditioning" because it is how I survived when I lived in St. Louis after graduation.
3. Big big big glass of cold cold cold water.
4. Drive an hour west to the ocean, where it is always 20 degrees cooler (if you live where I live. Alternatively: "it's cooler by the lake."
5. Drive around with all the windows down and the sunroof open.
6. The movies.
7. Big bowl of ice cream.
8. Sitting in the shade with an ice pack behind your knees.
9. A fan.
10. Walk the dogs really really early--it is 7am and *almost* a bit too late. So got to go. Happy summer!
Just a few. I have some video of him where you can see how gorgeous his fleece is! Calypso weighs 75 pounds and he is starting to get...
For old time's sake, Kathy did a Quora! *When was the last time you went to a yarn shop that was new to you? Hmmm. Maybe last summe...
I've not been a good blogger, I apologize. We are in week 9 of winter term (out of 10) and in general, this is the week when people who ...