Quora Time!



Kathy's Quora has a lot of visuals today so you should go look at her original post. 

1- Have you ever won an award? Yes--I used to enter my knitting in the county fair and won several ribbons. I do believe it was sort of a 'y'all come' in terms of ribbons though.
2- Do you like the baby blanket below? I do. It has zig zags and is in neutral colors, which I think is nice for a blanket.
3- What's your favorite gauge to knit in? I have a bunch of size 5 chigoo circulars and basically use those for everything! Except socks!
4- Where was the best cup of coffee you ever enjoyed?Oh that's a hard one because I've had great coffee! We really enjoyed the coffee we had at this chain of coffee places in NZ, and also had great coffee from a little coffeehouse in Trinidad California. That's just for starters!
5- Do you have a favorite family recipe that has been passed down for a few generations? Nope. I come from a long line of bad cooks.
6- Did you know you can have a conversation in the message section of Facebook with someone out of the country? I did!
7- Is it harder to send the kids to kindergarten or college? I have no idea!
8. This is a new free Knitpicks pattern.  I may have to knit one.  I think pattern are so much better written now than years ago.  Do you? Often. I think a lot of people test their patterns because they have gotten pretty expensive (some go for $6 or $7 each). There was a long period when many patterns in magazines (cough-VK-cough) were riddled with errors, and I think due to the increased pressure and competition that is changing.

9. Ravelry really changed our craft and our communication. Do you have an old pattern that a family member passed down to you?
I have an old pattern for a baby layette that a friend gifted me--it was her mom's. Does that count?

10. When is the last time you traveled with your pet in a car?
I took the dogs on a 4 hour car ride to pick up Brownie's remains from a city two hours from here. They did fine!

Comments

Popular Posts