MLK QandA

 Faith is taking the first step even when you don't see the whole staircase.-MLK

 Today is MLK day, and I plan to read a bit of his work and think about being a better person. We need his wisdom now more than ever, I think.

Even though the term has just started, I'm using today as a catch up day to get some writing things finished, do some class organization, and read. Usually I'd be in class and meetings all day, so this is a good day to have some focused time for writing. I finished a chapter that I hoped to finish this week already (mornings tend to be my best writing time) so I feel a bit on top of things.

I worked a lot over the weekend, too, and I really have to learn to stop that. I have colleagues that take disconnected days over the weekend and I'm not sure I'm ready for that. Maybe a disconnected half hour (haha).

Kathy has some questions for us:

#1. Do you use a mannequin, prop or person for modeling your knits?
I will sometimes do a selfie, but not often.
#2. Do you know anyone who has gone through the ice?
Well that's kind of a bizarre question--and no. Thankfully!
#3. Do you wear reading glasses, bifocals, contacts?
All of the above. I wear contacts and need readers when I wear those. When I'm not wearing contacts, I have bifocals (or progressives).
#4 Have you tried a new skill yet in 2017?
Jeez, Kathy, it is only mid-January! No I don't think so. Maybe? I don't know.
#5. Name a favorite President of the USA.
Mr. Obama.
#6. When was the last time you were lost? (parking lots count)
Thinking---thinking-----sometime over the holiday I was heading somewhere and it took a few loop arounds to get there.
#7. What yarn type is most prevalent in your stash?
Sock yarn for sure.
#8. Since we are in an ice storm, name something you like over ice.
Ginger ale.
#9. What time did you fall asleep last night?
10:15 ish.
#10. Share a winter memory of your MOther….
When I was young (under 12) my mom used to take me ice skating. She didn't wear pants until I was a teenager, so she'd be out there in a skirt skating around. 

Comments

kathy b said…
aw your mom in a skirt skating! what a lovely image to have in your memory!!!!!!