Tilted Block socks

Tim gave me Norah Gaughan's "Knitted Cable Sourcebook" for Christmas. It is a great book--only a few patterns but lots and lots of cables. I will be knitting socks using lots of these cable charts.

The first one I did was take the "Tilted Block" chart and turn it into a sock. I had to start it three times, finally realizing I wasn't going to be able to knit this in the round (various reasons, mostly about the placement of the cables--however now that I did one I could figure out how to do the second in the round but I probably won't because they might look different).

Phew! That was a long sentence.

Here is how it looks without the seam in the back (I will be seaming this, but I"m doing the rest of the foot in the round.
 And here is a fuzzy photo of how it might look when it is done.


Comments

kathy b said…
What a great gift for YOU!!!! I love the look of the sock. Sorry it was a tricky start KIM!
KSD said…
Tim did good!