Who's Your Valentine?

I love how Valentine's Day is evolving (at least here in Eugene) to a day to celebrate and commemorate your love for others--not only those you know but those  you don't. At school, we have a fundraiser for our local food bank where we get chocolate for every donation. We raise a lot of money for people and transcends the day from all about ME to all about others. I like that.

Today, also, Tim is having his oral exams for his comprehensive exams. This is a Big Deal and probably the biggest and hardest hoop that one jumps through during the PhD journey (I know it was for me). I bought him lucky socks to wear (they say "take me to a brewpub") so I hope they bring him luck (which he doesn't need--he's well prepared).

And there is color-appropriate knitting to show:
This is another ball of the sock yarn called Pairfect (see the yellow yarn at the top of the cuff? That's how you know where to start so you get two exactly equal socks out of one ball). And it isn't this pink (these are for Tim)--the pink is really more flesh/peach toned.



Comments

kathy b said…
Said a little prayer for your TIM today. he'll succeed. I love the sock concept of exactly half the yardage! I also love the chocolate donations for the food bank.
fillyjonk said…
I like the idea of V-day changing to be more a "general love" thing than a couples' thing. Here, it is still VERY much a couples' thing, so those of us who don't have a SO really don't have any way to celebrate.
Rachel said…
How did Tim do on his oral comps? I almost didn't do a PhD because of those...the written part was no problem but the orals? Hated them with a passion...