Curse lifted?

Maybe the curse is lifted on Callum--I have the lace part of the yoke done and it actually looks ok:

You can even see that it looks like I didn't mess up the lace. Yay! So now I'll join the sides and then it is non stop stockinette for a while.

Today is a cloudy day--not outside but inside. I learned this morning of the passing of two exceptional men--my best friend from Boston's stepdad, and my colleague Margie's husband. Both passed too soon. I was fortunate to see Richard in Boston a few weeks ago when I was there.

I don't think I've mentioned the reading lately. First, I finished a book called "Undress Me in the Temple of Heaven" which is a memoir of a woman who traveled with a friend to  China in the mid-1980s. Both women were right out of college, and the friend had a psychic break while there. It was an interesting read--I think it came to me via the Kindle unlimited.

As did "Foreign Affairs"--Alison Lurie's Pulitzer prize winning novel, and I'm about halfway through that. It's pretty good--about two academics from the US spending time in London--it was published in the mid-1980s and seems very quaint in that way. The interesting thing is that I know both of those characters intimately from my academic journeys.

Have a good day today.

Comments

kathy b said…
#1 SO sorry for the losses. Good men and women who leave too soon, make for great sadness.

#2 I cant wait for your endless stockinette. Love that part
kayT said…
I was looking for this pattern on Ravelry and failed to find it. Who is the designer? Is it not on Ravelry? I like its looks!

Popular Posts