It's a JessieCat Day

If you look closely, you will notice that JessieCat is sitting on top of the heating vent.

April has been cool and rainy--I think it has been above 60 degrees maybe three or four days? 



OK maybe five or six days.

Not much to report on anything---just a lot of long days this week. Yesterday my colleague Nicole and I presented some research at a Climate Change conference on campus. It was clear that since we are not Climate Scientisits we were not especially welcomed. Oh well.

 Hopefully I'll have something more interesting to say tomorrow.

Comments

kayT said…
I am curious to know what your research was that the climate change scientists did not want to hear.

I love the picture of JessieCat. She (he?) is smart enough to know where to sit when it's not warm enough!
Kim in Oregon said…
It examined which types of news images generate highest levels of emotion and engagement--we examined types of events, whether the event was global or local, and how people were pictured in the image. I think the climate scientists just thought it was frivolous.
kayT said…
So they are not interested in persuading people to action? Huh. Well, you tried.
Kim in Oregon said…
I think many scientists think the facts should speak for themselves and that 'packaging' facts is not scientific. Kind of challenging. yep, I tried.

Popular Posts