Saturday Sleep-in

For the first time in many weeks, we slept in today (sleep in  meaning 8am, which is not sleeping in for most people but it is for us). It is cool and rainy which also signals 'sleep in' to us--in the summer when the sun is up by 6am we tend to be much more awake earlier.

But on the other hand--another cool and rainy weekend is in store. That's really OK, although I would like to get out and pull some weeds. But that might not be in the books.

So we just finished week 6 (out of 10) and this was my catch up week as many members of the school were on a student trip to NYC. It was nice and quiet--I finished a paper, I got a study set up, I didn't feel overly pressured to get stuff done. Next week will be regular-busy (plus the Undergraduate Research symposium next Thursday evening--a bunch of our students are presenting) and then week 8 will be regular busy, but then there's Memorial Day and the final slog. The end is near, my friends, the end is near.

I did cast on for the spider socks:

You can see four of the legs and the trunk of the spider here. These will be for Tim, even though he finds them a bit sinister. The yarn is Patons Kroy in a smoky blue, it is a bit more blue than it looks here.

Here is the back (sorry it is fuzzy):

It is a RT cable which is kind of a fake cable, which I like too.

So that was knit in about three hours--I'm guessing I will finish the leg today or tomorrow.

We started watching "Shetland" on Netflix---it is a mystery set in the Shetland islands and the people on the show wear the best knitwear. Plus it is not at all gory (you see people after they were killed) which is my speed.

Enjoy your weekend, and Happy Mother's Day to my mother friends!



Comments

Popular Posts