Let it bleed

Well, I finished this bad boy, gave it a soak, and it bled.
Hard to see in this picture, but the red stripes have bled a bit into the white stripes. I've ordered some color catchers to see if I can fix this. Otherwise, I'll still wear it, bleeds and all.

Yesterday I worked on a book project, and ran a few errands. I'm reading a really good book--it is a non fiction book that came out a few years ago called "The Unconquered: In Search of the Amazon's Last Uncontacted Tribes" by Scott Wallace. Those who know me know that one of my favorite books is "State of Wonder" and this is sort of a real-life story similar to that. Anyway, the title pretty much describes the book--a group of people go out into the Amazon to find an 'uncontacted' tribe. It's good. It's long and it's a bit 'over detailed' but it's good.

I'm off to a needle felting workshop this afternoon, so hopefully there will be cuteness to show tomorrow!
 

Comments

kayT said…
Ugh. I'm sorry for the bleed. What yarn is that? (I am just finishing Koi Pond and the idea of that bleeding is horrifying. I plan to wash the ends I've cut off in a bag with a white towel and see what happens.) Such a cute top too. I hope you are able to find a way to wear it.
Kim in Oregon said…
The yarn is Rowan Calmer, which should know better, right?
kathy b said…
Darn those red stripes running. I do wash with color catchers andI have to say they work well but I always have used them on the first wash. I LOVE the top. Kim it is great either way!