Proof of Life

It is Friday of week 10 and that means classes are done and I'm almost done!

This has been a tough week. A bunch of defenses, final project presentations and grading of same in both classes, all the last minute 'you need to do this before summer' crap, and on top of that, I've had major insomnia this week. I either wake at 2:00 am for two hours or I wake up at 4:30 and don't go back to sleep. In summary, it has been a week of 5 or 6 hours of sleep each night and I can do that for maybe two nights maximum before all perspective is lost.

But the good thing is---no more classes! Just 18 papers to grade (and there's a creative aspect to those), one more thesis to read and attend to, and then that's it.

And I've been knitting: warning: it won't look  like much:
 It is the drop stitch shawl--the knitting is done and I'm just doing the fancy bind off. It is taking a while.

 It is a picot bind of with beads! Here is how you do it--you cast on two stitches with a cable cast on, place a bead, then bind off five. Repeat. The challenge I have is that I bought the recommended bead size and shape, but the yarn I'm using is a bit thicker than the recommended yarn. Oops! So I have to manhandle the bead on to the yarn.

 Here you can kind of--but not really--see the beads.

I'm using the crochet hook technique, where you put the beads on using a teeny tiny crochet hook, so there's lot of starting and stopping this way.

Hope your week ended well!


Comments

kathy b said…
Oh it is a lovely shawl. and the beads will be the topper offer!!! I can't wait to see it. Happy grading