Eclipse Eve

Tomorrow is the Great American Eclipse! I think I've mentioned we will be at 99.3% of the totality.

Tim left a while ago to drive up to Corvallis--about 50 minutes from here, where he works. It is one of the first 'larger' cities in the path of totality--at about 30 miles from the coast, it has one of the better chances of being cloud-free tomorrow. He's staying with some friends and then he'll go into work til the traffic dies down.

I was invited but I don't want to deal with crowds and crazies. I will probably go out to the farm and watch how the alpacas react.

Yesterday we visited the farm, went to Falling Sky for lunch, and hung out (Tim worked, I read--I'm reading "The Blazing World" by Siri Hustvedt. The book came out a few years ago but I'm just getting around to reading it now. It is interesting. It is the story of an older woman artist who hired three young men to display her art since women have a hard time getting attention from the art world. It is told through a series of diaries and interviews, and is interesting. Not everyone's cup of tea though).

Today we took the dogs for a walk, ate breakfast outside, and then Tim packed up his provisions for his visit--snacks for his hosts and for himself in case the traffic is bad going into Corvallis. I washed the top layer of dust off my car and vacuumed, and now here I am. I'm off to the grocery and then will do some more straightening of the house and stuff before I settle down to some knitting.

I finished most of One&Done---I dropped the stiches! I've never done the lace border but I will attempt it with this one.


video
And I'm not sure if you know this, but I have a baby alpaca. :-) Of course you know. Today is Calypso's third week birthday! Happy birthday baby! He mimics his elders and mouths everything. He is our joy.

Comments