Meet Liab

Liab is a free pattern on Rav and is a good one. The cabling is kind of intricate but there's lots of ribbing to break it up. I love how the cables creep around from the back to the front of the foot. I have about a third of the foot done and here is how it looks:



Kind of hard to see and not very exciting, but yeah.

The yarn is Wollmeise and the color is a rosy pinky red (less orangey than it looks like in these photos) and this is a fun knit. Cables always look better after a blocking, so they may look a bit sloppy now but they'll end up gorgeous, I'm sure.

The buttons for the cable sweater have also arrived, so I'll post some final photos of that soon.

It is meant to be a rainy weekend here (we're experiencing what is known as an 'atmospheric river' and yes, that is a real thing). The Ducks are playing at 1 so I'll probably knit and watch that. I also have just begun "La Belle Sauvage", the new book by Philip Pullman, and I'm looking forward to reading that. I discovered "His Dark Materials" during a period in between some Harry Potter novels and really like it. I even liked the movie of "The Golden Compass" but I guess no body else did since they never made the other two).

Next week is a busy grading week for me, as my class will turn in both short and long papers. Good times!

Comments

Caffeine Girl said…
I loved the Phillip Pullman books, but not that movie!
His new book is getting great reviews. Let us know what you think.
That sock is totally amazing.
kathy b said…
YOu and My Allison are such repeat sweater knitters. I LOVE your sense of excitement. !! Your progress is always steady and amazing! Have a good school week.....
elns said…
I'm excited to see your sweater with the buttons! This pattern looks hard! But I do love a swirling cable ... no, I must focus. ha!

I really enjoyed the Dark Materials. I also liked the Golden Compass Movie so that makes 2 of us, however there are 2 endings, did you know that? I forgot but I do prefer one over the other, I think it's the director's cut.

Please let me know how you like the book when you finish reading!