Anyway, this post is a paean (yes that is a word too, and it is different from the word paeon, really, I looked it up) to Kym's Friday Fish Wraps but since I pretty much copy every thing Kym does I decided to shake it up a bit. Of course, Focalize (transitive verb, to bring to a focus) doesn't quite have the same elan (yes that is a word too, I looked it up) to the blog as Fish Wrap but wants needs. So yes, let me recap my zany, zany life (ha) for you.
- First week of class! I have a class of 30 juniors and seniors who are, shall we say, interesting. I have an eye roller and people who walk in really, really late and a woman who sits in the front who yells at me if I move the slides forward too fast and talks about what she considers the best brand in the world, a sex toy company called Dame. All part of a day's work.
- None of the above is upsetting to me, and I think this is because of my decision to give up Facebook. It took a few days before I stopped going there automatically every time I opened up my computer or my Kindle or my phone, but now I'm really good without it. I also am spending much less time on Ravelry--I am checking it primarily for patterns, and many of the boards I'm on are just too judgy.
- I have upped my Insta game, but I'm mostly following knitters and cross stitchers. Speaking of which: it's an ibis. An ibis missing its feet and some other parts but an ibis all the same.
- I'm kind of stumbling around looking for a good book to read: I read "The Studio" by John Gregory Dunne and now I'm reading "Monster" also by him about his involvement with the film "Up Close and Personal" and may re-read "The Goldfinch" but nothing is grabbing me.
- We are (successfully) training Jessie the Cat to eat out of an automatic feeder. This will make it easier to do shorter, last minute trips to the house.
- This may be the weekend for casting on all the things. I have the yarn ready to go for Kilim and also have clear elastic to compensate for alpaca's lack of stretchiness. I will check to see if I have yarn to make a Japanese Knot Bag (if I have enough bright blue I would like to do it out of that) and also maybe a bright cabled sock because I really love cables.
Thanks for sticking with me during this long focalizing post!