So. What to do:
- Go to the grocery store and exit from the parking lot the normal way, which for the past week has been tricky since the street next to the grocery store has been flooded. When you don't leave the 'normal' way, your exit takes you behind the bowels of the grocery, through an alley by a swimsuit store, around the pasta manufacturer, and out via the street where no one pays attention to people enterting the street.
- Clear the guck out of the gutters (Tim did this, actually). And throw moss off the roof. Repeat.
- Put the new dog bed covers on the outside dog beds. The old ones are not only faded and ripped, they are saturated with water beyond belief.
- Walk said dogs. We allowed them to smell excessively since they haven't been for a walk in yonks.
- After smelling varous parts of the car that lives outside, conclude that the smell is just damp. Just plain damp.
While this might not sound like an exciting day for you, it was for us (ok maybe not exciting, just pleasant) since we could do all these things WITHOUT RAIN! WITHOUT RAIN!
This morning I went out to get the paper and I could
- See the moon (the MOON! Who knew?)
- See a PLANET by the MOON. Nature! So cool!
As you can see, we are a bit tired of the rain here in the Northwet.
On another topic: thanks so much for the book suggestions (see below). Lots of good ideas! Keep 'em coming!