Tuesday, August 01, 2006

The Log Cabin Foundation

log cabin 1
Originally uploaded by kbshee.
I've been taking a bit of time every day to work a little on the log cabin blanket (made from sock yarn), and it is finally starting to look like something. Here it is: it is about 6" by 12" right now (remember, it is sock yarn) and I like how it looks. I didn't plan out the color changes, I'm just looking for colors that look good next to eachother, and so far it seems to be working ok.

I also cast on for Widdershins using some INterlacements Tiny Toes that I bought at Stitches West. I'm not sure I have enough of this for a pair of socks for Tim, so the toe up pattern is a good choice for this one. So far (and I've only done the toe) so good on those.

I'm also trucking along on my cotton ease cardigan (it is now a big blue blog or I'd show it to you). I've also discovered an entire Yahoo group dedicated to cotton ease. Leave me a comment if you want more info on this!


Alyssa said...

That sock blanket is looking pretty neat.
Next month I'm planning on knitting Widdershins too - I'm curious to hear how you like it. I haven't successfully knit a toe-up sock yet (darn holes in the short row heel).

Stephanie said...

Love it! That looks just the way that a Log Cabin should.

Anonymous said...

Can't wait to see this bit of lover-ley gorgeous knitted-ness in person!

I am officially in countdown mode!