Thanks for your kind words about Shasta...she's on Prednisone which is helping her appetite, and she seems to feel a bit better than she did a few days ago. We'll try to keep her comfortable and relatively content for her last days with us. We took her to the canoe canal to play fetch yesterday, and she went in the water a few times, then sat with me in the shade to watch Cody and Tim play fetch. I think she had a good time.
On to knitting things...and yes, I have been knitting. I've finished two socks: they don't match, but they're finished. One is the horcrux sock from the six sock knitalong..it's a great sock! And I made it while rereading the last two Harry Potter books, which was also fun.
I'm participating in the Virtual Vacation Swap since it seems like sort of a fun and different thing...and I haven't done a swap for a while. Here are my answeres to the questionnaire:
1. If you could visit any state in the US, which would it be and why?
Hawaii...because I've never been there, and it looks so beautiful.
2. If you could visit any country in the world, other than your own, which would it be and why?
England...I've always been a bit of an anglophile.
3. Have you ever driven across several states/providence/countries?
Nine years ago, my husband and I drove our dog and three cats 2500 miles from Knoxville, Tennesee to Portland, Oregon. In a u haul. Hauling a pickup truck. In August. Can you say 'trip from hell?"
4. Have you ever visited someplace you consider exotic? Where was it?
Costa Rica was about the most exotic vacation I've ever been on. I went to the British Virgin Islands and that was somewhat exotic too.
5. What was your favorite "travel" vacation? Why?
Travelling through Europe while in college, staying in hostels, doing all the college students in Europe stuff.
6. Have you ever played tourist in your own home city/state (if international, country)? Explain.
We had plans one summer to drive down the Oregon coast. We started in Astoria (North edge of Oregon) and only made it down to Pacific City (about 150 miles south of there, maybe) and fell in love with the litle town and spent the rest of our vacation there. We ended up buying some property there a few years later.
7. Are you a museum visitor, beach comer or an amusement seeker?
8. What's your favorite type of yarn?
I really love all sock yarn.
9. What's your least favorite type of yarn?
10. What items do you like to knit/crochet?
Socks, and I love to felt.
11. What do you pack, knit/crochet wise when you go on vacation?
12. What other crafts do you do/would like to do other than Knit/Crochet?
I'm a knitter pure and simple.
13. Are you allergic to anything? (Yarn wise or treat wise)
14. What is your favorite color? Least Favorite?
Favorite: blues and reds. Least: green, yellow, orange.
15. Sweet or Savory (Treat not personality)?
16. Anything else we are forgetting to ask that you think your partner desperately needs to know?