Sunday, January 13, 2008
These were made with some yarn from Blue Moon Fiber Arts' Raven collection: it might be Tlingit but I'm not sure. Anyway...it's black with blue dye and really pretty...just a little more special than a plain black glove. It isn't perfect...the stitches are a bit loose around the base of the fingers and it is a bit snug overall (oops) and I could probably use a longer cuff but there will lots more gloves in my future so I'm sure I'll improve as time goes on.
And they were fast...I probably did this one glove in maybe 6 hours? I did it all on two circs...I did one of the fingers with three 4" long dpns but I found that it is much easier for me to use two circs than dpns. I think my biggest challenge is that I'm so used to circs that when I finish one needle I just drop the end of the circ that I'm using. But if yu do that with dpns, you end up, basically, dropping the dpn on the couch. Which tends to slow you (read: me) down considerably as you need to find the dpn and then try to remember NOT to drop it again.
Other than work on the glove, our day yesterday involved lots of football (yay Green Bay!) and hanging the new blinds we bought to replace the oh-so-cheap plastic blinds in two of our bedrooms.
My first class went well: good students, lots of interest, and a good discussion. Should be a good term!