Tuesday, January 01, 2008
Random New Year's Thoughts
2. I finished the first 'front' of the diamond Aran sweater. Pretty cool, I must say. This is really 'concentration' knitting since it involves chart reading and counting, so I work on this mostly during football games.
3. And I finished it yesterday during the Sun Bowl where the Oregon Ducks bounced back from a disastrous end-of-the-season slump to beat the South Florida Bulls by a wide margin. Go Ducks!!
4. New Year's Eve was its usual crazy party around here. We watched the Audrey Hepburn movie "Funny Face". Man, Fred Astaire was a LOT older than Audrey Hepburn in that movie.
5. I realized I hadn't posted a picture of my 'homemade' gift. We have a tradition where we make each other a gift for Christmas. This tradition predates my knitting days, so there were some lame Christmases early on. They're better now. Anyway, Tim made me three beautiful shawl pins (ceramic) and three pairs of black and white earrings (as well as a pair of pearl drop earrings). I really like them all, and were talking about whether he should move into 'production' for the shawl pins.
6. I was loopy last night after one glass of champagne. Just sayin'.
7. Today is the official end of Christmas at our house: the decorations are put away, and we're about to start dismantling the tree. Happy/sad.
8. Enjoy today! Enjoy every day this year!!