Monday, February 25, 2008
Potpourri for $20, Alex
2. I cast on with one of them, and will cast on with a second this week.
3. We had a great time yesterday with Bonnie (Tropical Knits) and her husband Van yesterday. There was a yarn/rum exchange. Who got the best deal there?
4. I woke up with an inflamed tendon on the outside of my left foot this morning. At the time, it felt like a knife digging into my ankle. Now it is sort of a dull pain. I have a bag of frozen corn kernels bungee-corded around the ankle to try to dull the pain a bit.
4.5 And yes, it looks ridiculous.
5. And I feel ridiculous too.
7. Today, driving to work, another turkey (of the human kind) blithely drove through two stop signs without any indication of stopping at all. Now I understand slowing to a crawl and then accelerating, but I don't understand JUST PRETENDING THE STOP SIGN ISN"T THERE. I honked at this turkey when s/he missed the first one (which also meant s/he didn't look down the street to see me coming toward her) and s/he gave me a vague little wave. Now what does that mean? Oh hi, thanks for honking at me when I didn't stop?