It is that time of the year...no, not the holidays, end of the term! As such, a bunch of random thoughts and questions.
1. Why are doug firs so much cheaper than other types of Christmas trees? We got a 6 foot tall doug fir for $15.
2. Cody ate four truffles (the chocolate kind) that were given to me by a lovely doctoral student as a thank you for being on her committee. The truffles were in my possession about 15 minutes before Cody found them. I made a quick emergency call to the vet; luckily, 2.2 ounces won't hurt him.
3. Unless you call really, really interesting bowel movements not hurtful.
4. For some reason, I've been thinking about Christmas 2010, and thinking about making house slippers for family members that I swear I will never make gifts for, out of Cascade 220 superwash. Figured I could whip these up quickly.
5. This from the person who was going to make i-cord bracelets for some family members this Christmas, and bagged that because it would be too complex.
6. It may SNOW this weekend! I know that many places around the world do not look forward to snow, but I think it just isn't a holiday season unless there is snow.
7. And yes, I get teary at the end of White Christmas when they open the barn door!Do you?