Saturday, May 16, 2009
So, not much knitting happening. It's a lot easier to buy yarn when I'm stressed than to knit it up. My newest discover is a british dyer called "Laughing Yaffle".
I'm checking out new and relatively unknown indie dyers for a few reasons:
1. I'm not going to pay more than $22 for sock yarns ever again. Seriously. Even $20 is crazy talk.
2. Life is too short to worry about whether I'll hit a Wollmeise or Sundara update.
3. It can't be easy being an indie dyer, and it is important to support new people!
4. Given the exchange rate, british yarns (like laughing yaffle) are a pretty good deal, even with the shipping and
5. New yarn makes me happy, and new discoveries are cool, and sharing new yarn discoveries is extra cool.
Plus the picture turned out kind of fun.
Enjoy the weekend!
on May 16, 2009