Friday, September 04, 2015


 I did finish the second sleeve yesterday (must finish must finish must finish) and boy that took a long time. But I did finish it, and then soaked the whole sweater this morning. It is now blocking outside (the sleeves are on top of one another, as are the body pieces--I'll flip them in an hour and let them dry a bit more and then separate them--this makes sure the two piece get to be close to the same size.

So next up: a hat (chunky yarn), mittens (chunky yarn) a cowl (little yarn with beads) and another sweater (the one with the cool yoke). I'll have to figure out which to start on--most things are pretty mindless and I do still want to work on Jeanie.

And ready for more experimental crafts?

In which I prepare for the next experimental craft


I strung 400 or so beads onto laceweight yarn for the next experimental project.

I really thought this would be a pain but it actually only took about an hour. I used a floss threader that came with the bead kit I bought and it worked really well--the biggest problem was dropping the floss threader on the floor and then taking hours to figure out where it went. I need to go see if I have some size 0 or 1 dpns to finish this project but I don't think it will take too long.

I started "The Bellwhether Revivals" and it is reminding me a bit of one of my favorite books of all time, "The Secret History".  I also watched "Out of Africa" while finishing the sleeve and man, that movie is beautifully shot but slow slow slow.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I can't wait to see what those beads are up to. I DO love a project with beads! ;-)