Tim grew up in a family of woodworkers, and I grew up in a family in the wood business, so we both tend to like wood. A lot. Plus now we live in the PNW where wood is plentiful. So yes, I can zip through this one pretty quickly!
1. The dining room table: I bought it when I bought my first (and only) condo in Cambridge, Mass in 1990 (it was on Centre Street, halfway between Central and Harvard Squares. Central Square was still a bit 'dicey' then but it was the closest T stop so I spent a lot of time in Central Square. There was a great arts and crafts store called Pearl, and a great bar called Miracle of Science. I miss Central Square). Anyway--it is cherry and it came from the Crate and Barrel Furniture Store on Mass Ave in Cambridge which probably isn't there anymore. But I digress.
2. The chairs. You might remember this post where I documented Tim's loving restoration of the chair seats.
3. The Grandfather clock. This was a gift from Tim's parents for his 40th birthday.
4. The Type case. This is a piece that was Tim's before we got married--I think he found it at an antique store? It now shelves knitting books and projects and a few CDs that we can't seem to let go of.
5. A wood wall hanging in the style of Frank Lloyd Wright.
6. A strip built box that holds the remotes (Tim built this).
7. A wooden spinning wheel
8. The strip built kayak in the garage (pictures soon!).
9. Our wooden bedframe.
10.Both dressers in our bedroom: one built by Tim, another was custom made for us (we gave it to ourselves as a wedding present).
Yes, we are one woody family!