1. I'm working on the Purl Soho Notched Hem Tank Top and stepping out of my comfort zone. This yarn---linen silk--was in the stash and is by Elsebeth Lavold.
2. I've cleaned out the yarn room, as well as the top of my dresser, and that makes me happy.
3. I read a book called "The Hazel Wood" and it is a fantasy book about a young woman who must search "The Hinterland" (a place where very scary fairy tales were set) in order to find her mom and stop a curse from being set on the world. It was kind of interesting but also kind of horrific (as fairy tales tend to be) and I actually had to not read it before bed because I thought I'd have bad dreams. So my 'before bed' reading is a book about an Oxford Professor and his 'life in books'. Real name "The Unexpected Professor, An Oxford Life in Books." It is very, very quiet.
4. In a bit of knitting serendipity, I was looking at a knit designer's FB feed and she had a selfie with ANOTHER designer who was wearing a gorgeous scarf called Rheinlust by Melanie Berg. And while I was cleaning out the yarn room I found three balls (already wound up, go ahead, call the knitting police on me) of Sundara Merino Silk yarn. It is thicker than the recommended yarn for the pattern, and I have less of it, but I think that just means fewer repeats of some of the sections.
5. And I've been working out THREE DAYS IN A ROW and hooray for me.
6. And I got a third of a new paper done. A paper that I didn't expect to do, but it is about privacy (my dissertation topic) and mechanical turk (my most recent research) and it is a match made in heaven.