Monday, December 17, 2018

Pilot Update

Apparently this is the busiest week of the year at the vet's with no appointments available, so after a phone consultation with the office, describing the lump (very small and squooshy), it's location (in a low-risk place on his leg) and Pilot's engagement with the lump (none) we are going to go over to the coast and have the lump looked at as soon as we get back, barring any significant changes that we'll on the lookout for.  We have a monitoring plan, and while this is not the outcome we wanted, we have reassurance from the vet's that 'this is what I would do if it was my dog' and 'after this week we'll have no trouble seeing you immediately' we're ok with it. Thanks for your kind thoughts.


4 comments:

DelightedHands said...

Well, I'm glad you can wait (since you have to!) and I don't believe the vet would put you off if he was concerned! It's hard to have our furbabies not up to snuff, too!

Kym said...

That sounds like great advice! :-) (And I have recently learned that "squooshy" is much preferable to "firm" in the dog-lump department.) XO

kathy b said...

Im praying for your dear one. Im praying for your peace of mind.

KSD said...

Rupert had a noticeable, movable lump right on top of his head. It was fatty. In a clinical way, not a judgment way.