It is another foggy day (although there was sun Monday afternoon and yesterday--Monday I met my friend Lauren for coffee and even sat outside while I waited for her, albeit in my 'Oregon' warm coat). Pilot gets another check later this afternoon and we may be able to eliminate the bandages--I think it is just sore and as long as we cover it with a onesie for a day or two more I think we'll be done. We'll see. Tim and I both are a bit tired of the onesies although Pilot still enjoys them. We just want things back to normal.
I'm knitting another Casapinka cowl, the Klickitat Street Cowl, and even though it calls for two yarns I'm using one:
It is so bright and happy!
But. I have a problem on the horizon. There are some instructions that I don't understand. When the pattern came out, there apparently was a video that explained it but I can't find it. I've reached out via Rav to the designer so we'll see.
In the meantime, here are the confusing instructions (it is just one round):
"K2, with your right-hand needle, pick up the strand of yarn from below and place it on the left-hand needle behind the next stitch, knit the next stitch and drop the strand back off the needle. (You are essentially “trapping” the strand behind this stitch.)"
I cannot visualize the 'place it on the left-hand needle behind the next stitch'--any thoughts?
Let's see what else:
- I gave the exam yesterday (haven't given an exam in years) and they did--ok.
- The one-on-one yoga class was interesting. A little odd to have someone watching me and (really) not judging, but just helping me breathe. When we got to the savasana I thought about 45 minutes had gone by but it was actually 80 minutes, so I guess I was kind of into it.
- I have space to cast on (only two things actively on the needles) but can't decide between a big felted project or yet another "One and Done".
- I had lunch with a junior colleague yesterday and it was great to catch up. I may have overdone on the tater tots, as I felt kind of nauseous for the rest of the day. Tater tots are very, very popular in Eugene.
- We're going to see Lyle Lovett and John Hiatt this weekend and I'm excited.
Did I mention you should stay warm?